Friday, September 12, 2008

Toothy Trials

Hiho all,

Well, I'm sure you've all heard about my recent stint in the hospital. I want to thank you all for your concern, and most of all your prayers. I want to solicit your continued prayers. As my father has so aptly put it, we are in a strange land and are coming under attack from the enemy. But we know our trials only come to make us strong.
God has been so good to us, and has proved himself over and over, even in the short time we've been down here. He has truly opened doors, and created avenues of perpetual blessing. He's blessed me in my job, my finances, and my health. He's blessed Leslie to find a comfortable niche at home, and at Renee's school. The munchkins are all excelling in their studies. Bri keeps plugging along in her usual stellar fashion. Nate is giving his all, and continues to bring home no less than 100's on all of his work. But what has made me really proud, is the way that Renee has begun to work to her potential, and her teachers are taking notice.
I love and miss you guys alot, but I wouldn't trade this experience for the world. Just stepping out on faith, and trusting that God will be true to his word. Then as the darkness of the glass clears to let you see what He's had waiting for you...There can't possibly be anything more exciting!!!
Well, since this isn't a preaching blog, let me leave you with a very practical piece of advice before I got to bed. If you have a toothache, don't wait, DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT! a toothache can KILL you. I had emergency surgery, and was in ICU on a ventilator, because I didn't take care of a toothache from an impacted molar and it stopped hurting, so, I forgot about it. Also, big moves are scary, but when it's in God's time somehow the Red Sea becomes dry land and your enemies drown in your wake as you cross over in God's providence.

Good night,
Rev Run...lol

No comments: