Friday, September 19, 2008

Well, that was special

We had a nice night last night.
I was going to allow the kids to make Lawrence's cake, but Renee and Bri got home so late, I decided to make it myself. It was a white cake with strawberry filling and buttercream frosting. Then I started dinner, and I made Lawrence go straight to the bedroom when he came home and locked him in so he wouldn't see his dinner being made. I had Nate on "daddy duty", anytime he called, Nate had to get him whatever he wanted. Lawrence loved the attention!
After I picked up Bri, I finished dinner, and the kids filled the cake with candles. I had Lawrence cover his eyes and walked him out to the dining room, but by the time we started singing, the cake was about to be covered in wax! Lawrence blew out the candles, and the whole room got smokey! It was funny! I wanted to take pictures to post, but I forgot.

So yesterday I was sooo busy getting that together that I wasn't able to get my party ideas together to post. I'll do it tomorrow because Saturdays are usually quiet. That's when I'll change the recipes as well.

We've been looking at finances, and although it's great for the whole family that I'm home, we realized that I have to find a job. So I'm looking. I have to get my hair done, because since I took my locs out, I've either wore straightback cornrows or a bushy ponytail. Not good for interviews. I look like a gang member! I'm unwilling to get a perm, because I really believe I'm going to start locs again. If I get a perm, I'll have to cut off more hair than I want when I restart the locs. I want to get microbraids, but I don't have the money. I'll figure something out.

What are we doing for the weekend? Well, since Lawrence is working on Saturdays right now, the kids and I are probably going to clean, and Sunday we're going to church. Nicole said she wanted both families to go to the park, so we may do that as well.

Well, I'm off to finish my morning cleaning routine.

Pray for us. Specifically, a job for me, and a second car.

Thanks, and God Bless!
Leslie

No comments: