Tuesday, November 4, 2008

I VOTED!

I hope you did! If you didn't, don't complain when the person you want to win doesn't. I'm not going to tell you who to vote for, but I did vote, and hopefully my vote was for change.

Renee and Nate had report card conferences today. Nate got 4 B's and 3 A's. His teacher's only complaint is that he missed 2 or 3 homework assignments. Otherwise, everything is great. He's quieter, and he likes being part of the newscast. Renee got 3 B's and one C. Her teachers had the same complaint - she needs to get her notebook organized, and she missed a couple of homework assignments as well. We're going to work on both of those. The great news, and what almost had me crying in the classroom, is all of Renee's teachers beamed about her! They all said how she is a delight, she does exactly what she's told, she participates, works with groups, and one teacher even said she's the most trustworthy person in the class!! If you know the challenges I've had with Renee since she was born, you know that I am extremely proud of her now! I told her as much when we were in the classroom, to which she asked, "So can we move back to Philadelphia now?"

Bri wants to go to the DMV soon, but I want her to study the book more before she takes her permit test. Maybe next week, we'll see.

Well, I'm going to be glued to the tv tonight - like everyone else, I guess.

Thanks, and God Bless AMERICA!
Leslie

No comments: