Wednesday, June 18, 2014

I'm in a panic because my daughter splurged!!

First... yes, I did miss yesterday - eat your veggies day. But we did that the day before, so...

I usually tell people to not splurge on me. If someone tells me they're going to buy me an "expensive" gift, I try to talk them out of it. I feel the money can be used in other places. But I've been told that it hurts people's feelings when I don't just accept the gift, and sometimes I feel bad that I didn't get the gift that was offered to me.

So today, on International Panic Day AND National Splurge Day... I panicked a little when my daughter gave me as a late Mother's Day gift...

An iPad Mini!!

And yes, I can definitely use it. It will help with store operations, and I can leave my laptop at home so the kids can use it.

I am really excited.
But my panic meter is still up.

She IS having a baby soon... she could use that money for the baby. But I do trust that she is taking care of things, and she is learning how to spend and save her money... she's grown and learned so much. And I'm proud of her.


Tomorrow is:
World Sauntering Day. Great! A day where I can embarrass Dianna while we're at the college! This is going to be good!!

No comments: