Monday, June 16, 2014

Fresh Veggies Day!


I know I've said that my husband loves to cook. These are the veggies that didn't make it on a burger or on the grill on Saturday. We love purchasing fresh veggies, but they can be expensive, so we usually just buy frozen. Problem is, frozen isn't that great for the grill.

For fresh veggies day, Lawrence made a nice salad with pan seared chili lime cilantro chicken. Was delish!

We need to find a close farmer's market that has convenient hours. We have a farmer's market near my store, but it's only open on Saturdays until noon, and the place is PACKED! I don't like crowds, so I don't go. There are others nearby, just haven't visited them yet. I don't get too many Saturdays free... 

So where do you get your veggies from? Local supermarket, farmers market, or your own garden? I had a garden, but it burned up during a drought. I was only able to get a couple of tomatoes, some dill, and a cucumber. Maybe I'll try again. 

Tomorrow... 
Eat Your Vegetables Day (didn't we do that already?) 

No comments: