Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Feels like

I've been missing. I've been busy - and not really with allot of stuff, just family life. I think when I start work next week, I'm going to cut down the amount of posts I do anyway.

So, we did go to that church on Sunday. It was okay. We went to the 4th and final service of the day - 11:30am. Praise and Worship was nice - they have screens so we can read the words to the songs and sing along. The welcome is you have to hug the people around you and tell them you love them, which I thought was cute. We didn't get to hear the pastor, because it was his anniversary, and they had a guest speaker. He gave pieces of messages; I think it's because they only get 20 minutes to preach.
I don't know how often I'll go back, because it's a chore to get in and out of the parking lot. They have an officer directing traffic on the street, and members direct traffic in the lot. If you leave when everyone else leaves, you're sure to be in a traffic jam. We left a little early. Next week is the continuation of the pastor's anniversary, so we're going to go to the first church we visited when we moved.
We didn't go to the park, gas and money are big issues down here. There's a gas shortage because of the hurricane, and we have no money to buy the gas that is available. We watched football all day, happy the Eagles won. We missed the Emmys, and if you did too, you have to watch Josh Groban on YouTube! I'm not a big Josh Groban fan, but I thought his medley was great!
Monday morning, Lawrence and I went to the DMV and finally got our driver's licenses. Lawrence really needed to get his, because his PA one expired Friday. I was tired of chauffeuring him. I almost failed my test! We needed 20 out of 25, and I had to get the last 3 questions right, or I would have failed. Some of the things you do in PA, you don't do here. When you take the driving test in PA, you have to use your mirrors to back up. If you take your hands off of the steering wheel, you fail the test. Here, they want you to look behind you and steer with your left hand. That's one of the questions Lawrence got wrong. He got 23 out of 25. Even though I was mad at the test, I have to say, my picture is kinda cute. No, I'm not going to post it!
When we got home, I was drained. I don't know why - but I was so very tired, and I couldn't get to sleep. Also, our phone went on the fritz. If you've called us lately, you may have been hung up on - not by us, though. It's very difficult to dial out, and sometimes we can't answer it. So we need to get a new phone. If you need to contact us, send smoke signals!
We then watched Heroes. It's kinda creepy this season, but very interesting.
Yesterday was my super-cleaning day. I did nothing but clean. I almost killed myself with bleach fumes from one of the cleaning sprays we have. It smells like they just took a bottle of concentrated bleach and added a spray nozzle. I washed almost all of the clothes in the house.
Today, I'm finishing my cleaning. The last of the clothes, and the refrigerator is getting clean today. I need to get this all done before I start work next week.

Oh, we found out we need a car by the end of October. Keep praying.

The kids are doing great, they're still happy with school. Renee, who does horribly in math, came home with a 92 on her last test, Nate still only has one 'B', and Bri has been doing great in school.

We're getting a new tree in the front of our house. The tree we have now is worse than Charlie Brown's Christmas tree! The landlord is having a new tree put in either Thursday or Friday. I'll post before and after pictures here when it's done.

Well, my dryer has stopped, and it's time to put another load in.

Thanks, and God Bless!
Leslie

No comments: