Sunday, April 12, 2009

Trying to help my villiage

Okay, don't think I'm crazy (crazier, anyhow) -
This is a little long, too.
I was sitting here watching the Trumpet Awards - I hardly EVER watch award shows, but for some reason I was drawn to watch this tonight. So there's this preacher that I've NEVER heard of, Pastor Paula White, and she does all of this humanitarian stuff. I know, so does alot of people.

God touched me. Made me stop watching and reading my book, and I had to get up and formulate my own plan. This is what I have to do:I am going to ask my son's school if I can sponsor a class. I don't want to do my godson's class, and I'm not going to start this until next year, then my son won't even be in the school - so people won't think I'm doing this for him. I want to buy bookbags and books for each child in the class. I also want to assist the teachers in getting their supplies. Eventually I want to have this catch fire, and be able to do this for the entire school.

This is not done in my area. I believe people think that because of where I live, we can afford the essentials. There are TOO many forclosed homes in the area that tell me they're wrong. They had the programs in other schools in the area - giving out bookbags and books, but not up here. I also see how the teachers need so much - they have to pay for so much themselves, because budgets are being snatched from under them.

This is where, of course I need help. I'm going to do this if I get assistance or not - I know God will provide either way. If you DO want to help, you can send paypal funds to me at offthecoffee@yahoo.com. You can also email me, and I'll give you my address. From 10 cents to millions, everything helps.

Thanks, and God Bless!!
Leslie

No comments: