Wednesday, April 15, 2009

12 years ago today...

I was rushed to the hospital, contraction after contraction, at 10pm - on TAX DAY! Ugh!!
That was NOT the best time to be on the road. Lawrence and I were in the back seat, the driver (a neighbor) was trying to get through the thick traffic on 76, and none of us could figure out why there was so much traffic.
That is, until we got to the 30th Street exit - then we saw almost everyone get off at that exit. We all realized that they were all going to the post office. I wasn't working the year before, so I wasn't even thinking about taxes. Lawrence and our neighbor had filed theirs early, so they weren't thinking about it, either.

When we got to the hospital, I knew this time I was just going to get some Demerol at the start, instead of waiting for more pain later. I'm glad I did. With Bri, I had NO drugs at all - didn't want or need any. With Renee', I had something that was lighter than Demerol - but only about 30 minutes before she was born. This time, I said, why wait.

At about 12:30am, the doctor said, "Okay, time to push." Push?? Push what? With the last two kids, I have only pushed 3 times, and that was with Bri. Didn't have to push with Renee', she did it herself! So I start pushing, and an HOUR later (whew!), Little Nate was born. Big ol' eyes, and looked JUST like his daddy. I was upset. I had no babies that looked more like me...

Well, tomorrow is Nate's 12th birthday, and he's so excited. We're not doing anything special, and he knows this, but he's excited that he's almost a teenager. We're actually going to Bri's ROTC program. I also have to go to the doctor in the morning. We're still going to make sure the day is special for him.

Anyway, that's it for now.

Thanks, and God Bless!
Leslie

No comments: