Sunday, January 11, 2009

Good morning...

Just wanted to update folks on the 'happenings' of the week:

There wasn't really much that went on this past week. I had a cramp in my leg that would rival almost any childbirth experience (well, any of mine, anyway, they were pretty easy), and when I went to the hospital, they thought I was 'crazy' again, gave me Valium, and sent me home. I went to my doctor, and was given actual pain medication. Nothing too strong, just some Celebrex and Flexeril (muscle relaxant), and took more blood from me. I swear I'm going to just run out of blood one day...

Bri had an ROTC event on Friday. I'm glad it was boring, because she doesn't need to have fun for a while (she's had enough fun). Nate had another basketball game - they won this time. They even started giving the other team points when they were fouled, just so they can have points on the board. The score was 22-6. The other team made one basket. Nate had 4 points, 5 steals, 12 rebounds, and forced 5 or 6 turnovers. He reminds me of a mini Charles Barkley on the court. He'd just better not get the attitude.

Renee is wavering with her pescaterianism. I found out from the Today show that she's not a vegetarian, she's a pescetarian. She still eats fish and eggs, so that's what puts her in this class. Thanksgiving, she ate something that had meat in it. Christmas, she had to try the ham. Last week, I made mini meatloaf, and she had to have one. She actually asked for more. Don't know where it's going to go from here, but whatever she decides, we'll just roll with it.

Today, we're going to Nicole's to watch the game. Well, ME going is still up in the air. I still can't put pressure on my foot, so I'm not sure. Lawrence and the kids are going, though. Nicole's husband is barbecuing, and we're bringing snacks. It should be a good game. I'm kind of upset that the Panthers lost, because they would have been here next week to play them, and we definitely would have at least sat outside the stadium. Would have been a HUGE tailgate party!
Oh well. Now I'm just hoping there's a PA Superbowl.

Well, I'm off. Gotta get drugged up, and lay my butt down.
Please continue to pray for us.


Thanks, and God Bless!
Leslie

No comments: